2 (8-rib) frenched racks of lamb, trimmed
1 t vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 T finely chopped fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 t fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 ½ T extra virgin olive oil
Back to Latest
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Heat a dry, heavy-bottomed pan over high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, in two batches if necessary, on all sides (not ends), about 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer racks to a small roasting dish.
- Combine the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Coat meaty parts of lamb with herb mixture, pressing into the meat to help it adhere.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast for another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the lamb from the oven and rest, covered for 10 minutes.
- Cut each rack into 4 double chops.