8 lamb loin chops
1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion - finely chopped
2 garlic cloves - chopped
juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
2 sprigs fresh rosemary - roughly chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 garlic clove
3 anchovy fillets
1 tsp capers
2 large handfuls of parsley
juice of 1 lemon
- Put the rice in a bowl and cover with water. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a heavy-based saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until softened.
- Drain the rice, add to the pan along with the lemon zest and rosemary and stir together well.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a very gentle simmer, cover and cook on the lowest heat for 10-12 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off and leave covered, while you cook the lamb.
- Season the cutlets well with salt and pepper and grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Cover with foil and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blitz all the salsa ingredients in a food processor, or chop the ingredients into small dice and use a pestle and mortar to grind together.
- Taste and add a touch more lemon juice if desired. Season and set aside.
- Season the rice, separate the grains with a fork and serve with the chops.
- Spoon over the salsa and enjoy with a salad.