Herb and Mustard Crumb
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 handful parsley -chopped
1 handful fresh rosemary -finely chopped
1 handful mint leaves - chopped
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2-3 lamb racks
50g butter - for searing
- Let lamb racks get to room temperature then remove any silver skin from the top.
- Season with salt and pepper before adding 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the top of the rack, spreading evenly.
- Add your breadcrumbs to a bowl with chopped fresh mint, rosemary, parsley and a little bit of salt and cracked pepper.
- Dip the top of the rack covered in Dijon mustard into the crumb making sure that there is a nice thick crust.
- Do this with every lamb rack that you're going to be eating before cooking.
- Heat your oven to 200°C
- Roast the lamb rack in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron or fry pan on high with 50g of unsalted butter, until the butter turns golden brown.
- Remove your lamb rack from the oven and sear each side in the pan or skillet for 1 minute.
- Remove the lamb rack from the pan, rest for 5 minutes, and then slice.
- Serve alongside your favourite sides.