4 x Blue Sky Butchery 180g lamb rumps around, fat trimmed
10ml canola oil
375gm dried cannellini beans
1 t sumac
Salt and pepper
1 c firmly packed flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, finely diced
2 T chervil leaves
1 c firmly packed round leaf mint leaves
20g grated parmesan
2 T toasted pine nuts
¼ c extra virgin olive oil
¼ c chicken stock
- For the mint pesto, process all ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped, then season to taste.
- Place cannellini beans in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then drain. Return the beans to the pan, add water to cover by 8cm and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Drain, combine warm beans and the mint pesto in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Cut each piece of lamb in half, then, using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten to 5mm thick, rub each piece with sumac and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy based frying pan, add half the oil and half the lamb and cook over high heat for about 1 ½ minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Repeat with the remaining oil and lamb, then rest the lamb, covered, in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Divide the pesto beans among 4 warm plates, top with slices of lamb rump and serve.