2 (8-rib) frenched racks of lamb, trimmed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh mint
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 clove of garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
Back to Latest
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Heat vegetable oil in large cast iron pan over a high heat. Sear seasoned lamb until browned on all sides.
- Finely chop herbs and garlic, or blend in a food processor. Combine with panko crumbs, salt and olive oil.
- Transfer browned racks to a roasting dish. Spread Dijon mustard over meaty parts of lamb and then press into herb crumb mixture, so it forms a crust on all sides.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, watching carefully that the breadcrumbs don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut into chops and serve topped with any remaining breadcrumbs that have fallen off.